More Information

Help and Support

If you’re worried about your or someone else’s drinking or if you’re worried about dependency and alcohol problems, the following sites could help:


Provides information and advice for families of alcohol and drug users. The website has a list of local family support services.
Tel: 0207 553 7640


Alateen is for teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics. Family Groups provide support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking, regardless of whether that person is still drinking or not.
Tel: 020 7403 0888

We are with you

Provides treatment, help and advice about alcohol and drugs for young people and adults. Manages more that 120 services in 80 locations in England and Scotland.


Provides confidential help and counseling for young people.
Tel: 0800 1111 (Freephone)


If you’re worried about your own or someone else’s drinking, you can call this free helpline, in complete confidence. They can put you in touch with your local alcohol advice centre for help and advice.
Tel: 0300 123 1110


Provides information and advice for young adults. Web:

The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NOACOA)

Provides information, advice and support for everyone affected by their parent’s drinking.  Web:

NHS Alcohol support