1 in 3 young adults think they have had their drink spiked, so stay aware – for your friends too. The drugs used for spiking don’t smell or taste , so many people don’t realise their drink has been spiked until later.
These tips can help prevent spiking:
- Don’t leave your drink unattended – not just in pubs and clubs, but at parties too.
- Don’t accept drinks from anyone you don’t know well (take the drink from the bar tender/server yourself otherwise).
- Spiking is common at private parties, not just bars and clubs.
- Report straight to the bar or door staff if you suspect anyone’s drink has been spiked.
- Remember any drink can be spiked alcoholic or not